It’s that time of year! (for a recap meme inspired by Sundry. My old recaps are here – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Went snow tubing! Worked on two shows that are not only popular but critically acclaimed. Tried to lose weight but couldn’t (crying eyes emoji). Saw The Book of Mormon. Went to Disney Hall and saw a concert. Saw my step daughter get married. I took an Avid assistant editing class (I have a master’s degree and don’t know some really practical stuff).
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept a couple – they are here – I worked more than 40 weeks AND I did a “no buy” month. I will make more this year, because I love a good list.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not physically close, but my Internet Women’s Cabal had a few babies. I can’t wait to squish Jenny’s Everett in person.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. Where did you travel?
We visited the Bay Area, San Diego, Washington (state not DC).
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Last year I said, “More than 3 months work. Wow, I did not work a lot this year and we are broke.” Boy, did I ever get that. This year, I really felt like I could never get a handle on any one thing except work. Like, I could go into work and feel completely comfortable and as if I knew exactly what I was doing, I would like more of that comfort level in all the other areas of my life at least a little, so I don’t feel like I’m flailing when I’m not expected to be at my desk writing interviews and cutting footage.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don’t have a single date that sticks out in my head. But the mass shootings here and abroad have really made me think differently about what I want to be as a human and a mother.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Saving my marriage.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Giving up Lula to my sister because we could not find a way to keep her and Seth living happily together any longer.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was so sick this year, just cold after cold after cold. And today, I am healthy! Starting 2016 with no cold is pretty nice.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Wireless headphones so I could watch TV in our bedroom without waking up the boys. Even though they still wake up, just not because of the TV.
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really excited about?
I was super excited to start my job on the Bravo show that starts with a V and I was really excited to go see my sister.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier, I’d say.
– thinner or fatter? Fatter.
– richer or poorer? I think the same.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Getting my blood pumping. I did so much sitting this year and I really just can’t let my health slide like that again. I want to live a long life so I can see all the future things my boys will do.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Internet surfing. I have an addiction.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
This year was at home again with Seth’s sister, daughter and son in law on Christmas day with lox and bagels and booze.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
The Walking Dead really delivered this year, and I liked Fear the Walking Dead, Bletchley Circle, Game of Thrones and the show I work on.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Station Eleven. I still think about that plane that just sat on the tarmac.
21. What was your favorite music this year?
I love pop music in all its forms and this year there isn’t just one song that seemed like a 2015 anthem to me.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I didn’t see many movies, but I loved The Force Awakens and I really liked The Martian and Jurassic World. Those are probably the only grown up movies I saw this year.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 39! And we went out to eat at a restaurant? Maybe? I have to do a better job of documenting this stuff.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A private jet, chef and personal assistant? But really, a living room that has a big tv and a comfy couch and two children that sleep through the night, but that is just being picky. I really don’t have a lot to complain about.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015? NEW: What was the political issue you that stirred you?
I don’t know – I don’t have one. I am changing this question. Gun control. We need to get rid of the easy access to guns. And I am putting my dollars where my mouth is – you can too. Every town.org is a great place to start.
26. What kept you sane?
Prescription drugs do a good job, add to that having a job that I love, a husband who refuses to let us quit this crazy family and two little boys that continue to amaze me.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
I read this post and even though I know this, it reminded me that life really is that short. There aren’t that many opportunities to hang out with my sister and see my friends and I just have to make these things a priority, because before you know it, it’ll be too late.