Published by admin on 03 Mar 2014
February, oh, February, what are we going to do with you? Here’s what I wanted to accomplish:
Budget buying only - I did pretty well with this, but there was one week where Amazon, Target and I had kind of a love affair and my damn budget had to adjust and everything was wonky and I really like budgeting so I’m still doing it. The budget buying only thing is sort of my new thing. I will continue this because Amazon, Target and I are going to have to go on a break once I stop working in 2 short weeks. (TWO WEEKS?!)
2. Write 10 pages a week - I didn’t write a single page. I’d like to take a moment and tip my hat to writers who are moms of babies, because wow, as soon as Moe’s sleep was effed up, I was unable to do anything in the evening other than the complete bare essentials.
3. Walk 5 miles one day a week - No. Unfortunately, my new schedule didn’t really allow enough time for me to get Moe ready and me ready and out the door and do a long morning walk. Once I’m done with work, I think I’ll be able to resume this. But I’ll be a million weeks pregnant, so who knows.
Start a bullet journal - YES! And I love it. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.
Get personal files in order - I did a huge purge of old bank statements and random crap I don’t need out of my file boxes and I got my will done, just need to get it witnessed, so I consider this checked off.
6. Clean out a box of old journals - My old journals are in the garage and the garage is a total shit show right now because of Seth. I cannot get to my boxes because of the way he stored stuff and so, they sit in there, waiting for me to die and for people to read them and get embarrassed for me. I did, however, find a stack of journals that had a “one sentence journal” started very early with Moe’s life, but only had a few entries. I’m going to try and pick that back up, because I really liked reading those few brief entries.
Go see a movie in the movie theater - DONE. I saw Inside Llewyn Davis with Allie and I loved it. Mostly because I got to eat a giant thing of popcorn and drink a Diet Coke and didn’t have to listen for a baby crying.
Wash and moisturize face nightly. DONE-ish, I did this about 40% of the time, which is WAY better than the zero % of time I was doing before. Hope to keep this up.
Goals for March? Well, this month a baby will be born. My baby. My second baby! He’s scheduled for extraction at the end of the month, but I’m seriously going to take it easy on myself.
1. Pack hospital bag
2. Freeze a couple of crock pot meals
3. Install infant car seat
4. Get my will signed and witnessed
5. HAVE A BABY!