Published by admin on 19 Feb 2017 at 01:58 pm
Another week of unemployment. I have been doing a lot of sitting, which is terrible. Also, I’ve rediscovered my love for peanut butter on a toasted bagel and yeah, I need to start working again. I also kind of have an addiction to Civ V. It’s fine. I can quit anytime.
Read to the boys every day.
Read 25 books (7/25) (not related to above)
I finished The Day of the Locust and that was not the optimistic view of Hollywood I needed. It’s a great book, and on the Modern Library’s Top 100 Novels list. I looked over that list to see what else I wanted to read and I just feel like maybe I’ve read enough novels by old, dead white dudes for right now.
Reduce debt to 45% of credit available (the amount of debt I’m carrying is my biggest stressor)
Yeah, nothing new this week.
Get a mammogram
This is just going to sit here and mock me all year, isn’t it.
Go to the gym 30 times (3/30)
Still only made it one time this week, but hey, that’s more than no times. It does not however offset the peanut butter bagel situation, so this week I’m planning on taking the boys to class wearing my gym clothes, so that I HAVE to go in the morning and get it knocked off the list.
15 minutes of standing for every hour sitting at work
Still not working. 3 more weeks.
Get my teeth cleaned (DONE – February 15)
Yes! I got this done. I called for an appointment on Tuesday and they had an opening the next day, so I took it. Surprise cleaning! Also, ow.
Floss every day
Floss, floss, floss.
Eat vegetables one time a week (7/52)
Smoothies 4 LYFE.
Break phone addiction (phone off at 10pm at night and away when I’m not taking pictures or checking email at home)
I think I almost managed the phone off at 10pm once, but then I caved.
Get acupuncture 5 times (1/5)
Nothing new to report here.
Go on 10 dates with Seth (3/10)
We actually had a date on Valentine’s Day. How cliche!
Go away without the kids with Seth
We were here. Together. Not away.
100 acts of resistance (21/100)
So, this year so far I’ve:
- Marched in the Women’s March in LA
- Donated money to an artist creating resistance artwork
- Called my Congressman, Ted Lieu, to thank him for boycotting the election
- Signed up for Swing Left to volunteer for CA-25 get out the vote activities
- Set up automatic monthly donation to ACLU
- Donated money to Yosemite National Park
- Faxed Dianne Feinstein’s office as I wasn’t able to get through to her LA or her DC office.
- Bought three shirts from Jen Tally, 10% of her profits are going to the National Park Service.
- Faxed Senator Feinstein’s office (again) re: Sessions and DeVos.
- Sent postcards to Senators Feinstein and Harris re: Why I Marched.
- Postcard to Trump to release his taxes
- Postcard to Trump that he’s wrong about a lot of things. (Quoted President Teddy Roosevelt…)
- Called Congressman Ted Lieu to thank him for his opposition to the #muslimban
- Postcard to Trump telling him that he should listen to Hamilton, it might help him understand how terrible he is.
- Left message for Senator Kamala Harris asking her to vote no on Price.
- Called Congressman Lieu to thank him for co-sponsoring H.R. 804 and to ask him to pressure Trump to release his taxes.
- Faxed Kamala Harris re: no Price
- Faxed Feinstein re: no on Price
- Postcard to Trump asking him (politely, if I do say so myself) to release his taxes
- Postcard to Trump and McConnell with “Nevertheless, We Persist.”
- Called Senate Committee on Homeland Security to oppose Bannon on the NSC.
- Called Rep. Ted Lieu re: Trump/Flynn/Russia
- Called Sen. Harris re: Russia/Flynn/Trump (Faxed too)
- Faxed Sen. Feinstein re: Russia/Flynn/Trump
30 days of face care in a row (30/30) – Finished in January
(Amazon links are affiliate links.)