Published by admin on 12 Feb 2017 at 04:56 pm
Read to the boys every day.
Read 25 books (6/25) (not related to above)
Hoo boy, I finished Strangers in Their Own Land and I am stunned. I don’t know how to process a lot of what the Tea Party believes, particularly those in Louisiana so incredibly harmed by deregulation, Big Oil and Big Chemical. I’m ready for a really light read, right about now.
Reduce debt to 45% of credit available (the amount of debt I’m carrying is my biggest stressor)
Well… that ground to a righteous halt when I found out my job got pushed a month. I’m going to be draining my meager savings just to stay afloat. UGH.
30 days of face care in a row (30/30)
Get a mammogram
This is just going to sit here and mock me all year, isn’t it.
Go to the gym 30 times (2/30)
I am unemployed, so you’d think I’d have all the time in the world to go to the gym, which I do, however, I still only made it one time.
15 minutes of standing for every hour sitting at work
Get my teeth cleaned
Floss every day
I missed a day, but yeah, floss floss floss.
Eat vegetables one time a week (6/52)
Smoothies 4 LYFE.
Break phone addiction (phone off at 10pm at night and away when I’m not taking pictures or checking email at home)
Ha. HAHAHA. no.
Get acupuncture 5 times (1/5)
One down! Another appointment for next month.
Go on 10 dates with Seth (2/10)
Nothing this week.
Go away without the kids with Seth
We were here. Together. Not away.
100 acts of resistance (21/100)
So, this year so far I’ve:
- Marched in the Women’s March in LA
- Donated money to an artist creating resistance artwork
- Called my Congressman, Ted Lieu, to thank him for boycotting the election
- Signed up for Swing Left to volunteer for CA-25 get out the vote activities
- Set up automatic monthly donation to ACLU
- Donated money to Yosemite National Park
- Faxed Dianne Feinstein’s office as I wasn’t able to get through to her LA or her DC office.
- Bought three shirts from Jen Tally, 10% of her profits are going to the National Park Service.
- Faxed Senator Feinstein’s office (again) re: Sessions and DeVos.
- Sent postcards to Senators Feinstein and Harris re: Why I Marched.
- Postcard to Trump to release his taxes
- Postcard to Trump that he’s wrong about a lot of things. (Quoted President Teddy Roosevelt…)
- Called Congressman Ted Lieu to thank him for his opposition to the #muslimban
- Postcard to Trump telling him that he should listen to Hamilton, it might help him understand how terrible he is.
- Left message for Senator Kamala Harris asking her to vote no on Price.
- Called Congressman Lieu to thank him for co-sponsoring H.R. 804 and to ask him to pressure Trump to release his taxes.
- Faxed Kamala Harris re: no Price
- Faxed Feinstein re: no on Price
- Postcard to Trump asking him (politely, if I do say so myself) to release his taxes
- Postcard to Trump and McConnell with “Nevertheless, We Persist.”
- Called Senate Committee on Homeland Security to oppose Bannon on the NSC.
(Amazon links are affiliate links.)