Published by admin on 31 Oct 2007
You guys? I sucked on this one. Partially because I crashed my car and sort of gave up, partially because I just didn’t have it in me this month, and partially because when it all comes down to it - I’m LAZY.
- BikerCandy did a great job - 10 out of 11.
- Jen (while pregnant!) also participated.
- Pam at BlogPressure has some lovely shots, too.
- EKG at Yet Another Librarian Blog accidentally participated. Heh.
So! Put your suggestions in the comments for next month, and I’ll add them to the long list, randomly select 10 for November and post them next Monday.
1. Something outside its natural environment.
Shopping carts’ natural environment is not the grassy decorative plants next to a pathway, I think. I walk by this every day on my way to the bus. I actually was worried this evening that it would be gone and I wouldn’t be able to get my picture. Thank goodness no one decided to live in it in the meantime.
2. Urban wildlife - I was going to take a picture of a squirrel or a pigeon or something, but being lame, I never did.
3. Something British - There was even a British guy at Louie’s Birthday BBQ, but guess who didn’t get his picture? Me. The answer is me.
4. White picket fence - I could have sworn there was a house on my block with a white picket fence. It’s a good thing I didn’t bet my life on it because I would be dead right now.
5. Food prep/cooking shot
I refused to clean the kitchen before I started baking and this is what happened. I only had two feet to prep in and it was mayhem and chaos, but no cookies were harmed. Except the ones that never made it into the oven because they made it into my mouth first. They weren’t en-souled yet, the little fetus cookies, so it doesn’t count.
6. A broken sign
This is right across the street from my bus stop. And movie trivia buffs might be interested to know that they shot the diner scene in Pulp Fiction here, while it was still a working diner. Now it is just a movie location, with a broken sign.
7. An interesting entrance/door - Again, I got nothing. There is this amazing blue door on my old driving route to work that I meant to take a picture of. Then I crashed my car.
8. A lit jack o’ lantern
Aw… so cute sitting right in their lawn. I hope no one smashes it. We have some new hipsters in the neighborhood, one was either dressed up as Jesus or just sort of looks like him, and they seem kind of like pumpkin smashers to me.
9. Autumn color
We don’t have many leaves changing, so this is going to have to do. It’s butternut squash and that is very fall to me.
With all the fires, I thought we would have amazing sunsets. I guess one needs to be outside before it is dark to capture those…. I am lame. This was the best I could do.
- Bonus - A kid in costume - at the moment I am hiding in my apartment with the lights off and the blinds shut because I forgot to buy Halloween candy. I can hear the little munchkins trick-or-treating my neighbors.
I vow to do better next month. I mean, I can’t do much worse.