Published by admin on 30 Sep 2007
This list was hard! I hope you guys had an easier time of it than I did. If you want to check out the flickr group - it’s here. If you want to add suggestions for the October Scavenger Hunt that post is here.
So far I’ve only seen one other participant’s post (I’ll add to this list as I see them)
1. Antique car, running or not (must be older than 1940) This was actually tougher than I thought, but I lucked upon an auto body shop on one of my lunch time walks and was pleasantly surprised to see this little jem. I’m not entirely sure it’s older than 1940, maybe someone can let me know?
2. A fountain, preferably with people sitting near or children playing in I have a fountain right down the block from me, there is always a wedding party or quinceañera getting photos taken around it. In the summer there are always kids swimming in there, even though the rules prohibit it. I love that.
3. Mode of transportation I made a special trip downtown to get this very standard subway photo. I meant to catch the Gold Line in Chinatown, but I was too annoyed to deal with parking down there. Oh well..
4. Sign with a cool font This was my favorite of the choice (partly because it was my suggestion) mostly because I’m obsessed with typography now. I think it started when I was looking for a font for the header on this very website and now it’s spiraled into me wanting to pull my car over every five minutes to take a picture of a cool sign. As you’ll see from my flickr stream I took several photos of signs with cool fonts, but this one is my favorite.
5. Christmas tree - I got nothing. This one was the only one I couldn’t find. Granted I actually didn’t look that hard..
6. Someone in red shoes I had sort of resigned myself to thinking I wasn’t going to be able to get this. I missed snapping the bride of the San Francisco wedding, it was so awesome her red shoes peeking out from under her white dress. Then I saw the twins out riding their tricycles and Zoe was wearing her red shoes, but I didn’t have my camera. A half hour later I heard them outside my house so I ran out and snapped this photo.
7. Nature’s wrath This one was probably the hardest for me because LA doesn’t really have much in the way of wrath, unless you count the wilting basil and sunflowers on my balcony… We had one really good rain storm that I slept through, and in the morning as I was walking around I saw a pot that had been knocked over and a palm frond that had been dislodged. It was very anti-climatic. Here’s the sad little pot.
8. Ceiling Since I was down at Union Station already, I decided to take a photo of the ceiling in the waiting area there. I’m still really shy about taking photos in public. I have no idea why.
9. Still life with fruit Oh ho! Olives aren’t fruit you say? Well, I looked it up and they most definitely are. Now I can tell you I get at least one serving of fruit a night in the form of a dirty martini. (I don’t really have a dirty martini every night but I would if I could afford to keep myself stocked in Grey Goose. What am I made of money?)
10. Ridiculous lawn ornament Beverly Hills is such an easy target for this. I think the combination of too much money, bad taste and children off to college makes for a perfect storm of ridiculous lawn ornamentage. I drive by this house every day and marvel at the amount of money they must have spent on these bronzed animal sculptures. It’s stunning.